Chocolate Foot

Round 3, Awaba - Postponed

22 June 2013, 9.46am

Dear Singletrackers

We wouldn't dislike Mother Nature so much if she wasn't so incredibly indecisive! After following every variance of the weather reports for the past 2 weeks we have finally waved the white flag to nature and said "Stuff it, we're staying indoors huddled up around the heater!"

While the club was happy for the race to go ahead and confident that the track would have held up with the forecast rain AND we're sure that many of you would not have an issue with riding in wet conditions, we're pretty sure that a fair proportion of you would find it pretty miserable. A wet XCO race is no biggie but being wet for potentially 7 hours is fairly dispiriting. With this constantly changing nature of this weather system, it's impossible to guess whether we'll receive 10mm (pfft, whatever) or 25mm (slip'n'slide!) tomorrow. Your safety and enjoyment is always paramount to us.

So that means that Round 3 of the SRAM Singletrack Mind Series this weekend has been postponed.

We'd like to say a huge thank you to our host club Hunter MTB Association for their assistance in making this decision and of course the preparation they have put into providing a sublime race track for this weekend. We can't wait to race at Awaba andwe are pleased to let you know that we have already set a date for the rescheduled race.

The new date for Round 3 of the SRAM Singletrack Mind Series is Sunday 29 September, at Awaba MTB Park.

What to do now?

If you're able to attend, then you don't need to do anything. All current entries and day permits will be transfered to the new date, any merchandise you have ordered will be available at the event, and you'll hear more from us in the days before the event. If your MTBA membership happens to expire between now and then, please renew it (the entry system does a check with MTBA on expired memberships).

If you or some of your team members are unable to attend, we are offering three options:

  • Substitute rider or riders in your team, or transfer your entry to another rider/team - this transfer must be completed by the new date's closing date (midnight on  25 September 2013) and sort out the financials between you. Please see our website for info on how to change your entry.

  • Notify us by COB Friday 28 June that you are unable to attend, and the reason why, and we will refund 50% of your entry fee. If you have purchased any merchandise and wish for that to be refunded, we are happy to do so, or if you'd still like it, we can arrange to mail it to you. To arrange these refunds, you must This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. by COB Friday 28 June.

  • Given we're only one round down in the 2013 SRAM Singletrack Mind Series, we've decided to flex the rules of our refund policy a little. We're offering to transfer your entry to a future round of the 2013 Series. Again, you must request this by COB Friday 28 June. Merchandise will be transferred for pick up at the future round (2013 Series only) that you choose to attend. To arrange this, you must This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. by COB Friday 28 June.

If you have any questions about anything above, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

We will re-open entries to the event so if you know of anyone who is keen to race at Awaba but couldn't make it this weekend, please let them know the news!

We look forward to seeing you all in Awaba in September, if not before!


Fi & Joe